I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and enjoyed hanging out with your family (for those of you living in the U.S.).
I agreed to go to Costco with my wife the other day since we were going to host Thanksgiving dinner here at our house.
(For those of you who don’t know, Costco is one of those mega warehouses type membership stores where you can buy EVERYTHING in bulk.)
Anyhow, I’m fortunate enough where I don’t have to see the inside of a supermarket for months at a time…
… and I like it that way.
So I was actually excited to go shopping for a change. And once we got into Costco I realized that this company is really on top of their shit.
1. They’re membership based. So even if you never step foot in the store you’re still paying them something each month or year. They have EFT dialed in.
2. They understand that people are willing to pay more for bulk if they’ll save more “per unit”. If you still selling single sessions or small blocks of sessions then you’re leaving a TON of money on the table. (in which case pay the $57, get Close Clients, and in an hour you’ll know exactly how to sell BIG multi thousand dollar programs).
3. They’re handing out samples on every isle. This works on two levels…
a. The law of reciprocity. (read Robert Cialdini’s “Influence” to learn more on that).
b. We’re seven times more likely to buy something if we “test drive” it.
4. They understand the importance of getting the prospect’s attention with strong headlines. Check out the picture I took of the product below. Freak’in brilliant, right? LOL… Got Turkey Neck?
5. They’re customer service is unmatched. Costco has a policy where they will automatically double the manufacturers warranty on any product you purchase from them. A-N-D they offer a refund policy that is unmatched by anyone in the retail business.
The equivalent would be if you if you offered a double guarantee that stated: a. Guaranteed to get in you in shape twice as fast as the big box health clubs. And b. Follow my program for 60 days and if you don’t lose X inches and X pounds I’ll give you full refund.
How can any mega gym compete with that?
And that’s why YOU’RE gonna blow it up! 🙂