I’ve been in fitness for a long time, so long in fact, that I’ve tried most fitness marketing strategies out there. Some work better than others, and I’m here to tell you that the strategies that I’ve been able to come up with are truly unique, in that they don’t require tons of money to get started. It’s all about being creative and not being afraid to put yourself out there.
It’s easy end up focusing on the wrong things when you’re just starting out. There are so many ways to market your fitness business that it can be confusing to those who aren’t necessarily business minded. The last thing you want is to invest in things that don’t work.
1. Get involved in your community and host a free session of boot camp on a weekend. This is a fun way to generate lots of new leads and show the people in your area what you’re good at. You’ll realize after hosting one of these events that it’s worth investing a Saturday, especially when you see how successful they can be at getting new leads. Your community will love you for your commitment to health and fitness and that will position you as an expert.
2. Call up your former clients and offer them an incredible, low barrier offer to entice them into restarting their membership. Getting in touch with your former clients is actually a great way to find out why they may have left and how you can retain them in the future. Retention is vital for any business, but it’s lifeblood for any personal training or fitness business.
3. If you don’t already have a blog or a website, then get one soon. Not only is it important to have a web presence, but you’re website or blog should be bringing you traffic. Make it your goal to have your website/blog rank high on Google so that when people are searching for health or fitness in your area, your website or blog will be the first one that they see. Most people are lazy when they’re web searching so learn how to take advantage of that to bring in more traffic.
4. Press Releases are important to distribute because they give your business credibility as well as keeping the general public informed about what you’re up to. Write up some press releases that tie in with human interest stories or announce a fun event you have coming up. That way you spark some interest in your area and abroad.
5. Offer something free, such as an ebook, a fat loss report, or exercise video in exchange for a prospect’s or local business’ email. This way you can gain more trust because you’re not directly selling to them, you’re just adding them to your email list. It’s important to make people and businesses understand that you’re not there to sell to them, but to help your community get as many people in shape as possible, and offering something for free helps to deliver that message.
6. Run referral contests to bring in more qualified leads. Your clients are more likely to refer you to their friends and family if they’re competing for a prize. It’s also a good idea to invest in a high-end prize so your clients know that you take referrals seriously.
These are just a few fitness marketing strategies that I’ve used to bring in leads when I really needed them. Do yourself a favor and take advantage of all the ideas I have to offer. Remember that these marketing strategies don’t require tons of money to get going, so there is no excuse!
Get up, get out, and GET MOVING!