It’s a lot easier to become a fitness high roller than you think.
It’s true, the success of your personal training or boot camp business boils down to three simple concepts and that’s it.
Seriously, you’d think that in order to have a six figure or even a multiple six figure generating fitness business you’d have to have a LOT of variables in action, but the truth is, it’s all about a few significant factors and that’s it.
In fact if you want a seven figure personal training or boot camp business the formula is the same. It’s all about a getting these three significant things dialed in and that’s it.
If you want proof of that then just look at my top three seven figure generating coaching clients. All three have these three significant things dialed in.
Saman (7 Figure Sam) Bakhtiar has it figured out.
Samantha (7 Figure SAMantha) Taylor has it figured out.
Cabel McElderry has it figured out.
Wanna know what these three factors are that they have figured out?
It’s actually kinda simple. The only three ways to make more money from your fitness business are…
1. Get more clients
2. Get more money from each client
3. Raise your rates
That’s its, these are the only three ways to make more money from your personal training or boot camp business. And when you automate and systematize this process then you put yourself in a position to make a lot of money and have a ton of freedom to enjoy it.
You might think that there are other ways to increase income in your business, but I guarantee you that they fall into one of the three categories above.
In fact, here are the top fifteen personal training marketing, business, and growth secrets that all of my six and seven figure generating coaching and mastermind clients use to blow it up.
1. Use direct response marketing and forget about “branding” or image advertising. See direct response is accountable marketing, you know when its working, and you know why it’s working. And best of all it’s designed to more people to action. I don’t know if any other form of advertising that can do that.
2. Go for the low hanging fruit first. Every new coaching client I get is always interested in spending money on running huge postcard mailing campaigns or print ads in the newspaper. That stuff works and if done right it works great, but there are a ton of other marketing tactics that are low cost or no cost and are just as reliable, effective and lucrative.
– Consider my 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss promotion
– Steve Hochman’s Human Billboard Elite method
– Facebook ad campaigns that push leads to a targeted squeeze pages
– The referral generation gift cards
– Targeted Craigslist ads
– The local body fat testing station
– Strategically located lead boxes
– Small group seminars with other local business owners who shares a similar client base
See, everyone of these low cost and no cost tactics above work like crazy. But they require one little thing… getting out of your comfort zone and actually getting out there and talking to people. It’s a lot easier to hide behind your computer and feel productive, but these are the things that really work.
3. Use EFT or Auto Debit and STOP being a check chaser. Every trainer I know who has implemented EFT into his or her business has instantly increased client retention AND freed up more time to focus on marketing and selling instead of chasing checks.
Here’s a post I did a few months back where I laid out how to set up Auto Debit in your fitness business.
4. Sell bigger, longer term results oriented programs. If you’re selling single sessions, blocks of 10, 20, or 30 sessions, or only month to month programs then you’re doing your clients a disservice and you’re leaving a LOT of money on the table.
Wouldn’t you agree that the average client needs more than a block of sessions or just a couple months of training to not only get results but to also develop the lifestyle and habit of exercising and eating right? Then ask for twelve month commitment or at the very least a six month commitment.
5. Leverage your time and make more money per session. If you’re training clients one-on-one then the only way you can increase your revenue is by increasing your cost per session or cut your session times from 60 minutes down to 30 minutes. Or you can do one better and start training in groups where you can leverage time and the power of a group and generate a LOT MORE per session.
6. Sell other products and services that will increase results and add value to the lives of you existing clients.
7. Become a better closer. All the marketing and lead generation in the world means nothing if you can’t convert that prospect into a paying client. If you want to instantly increase your income then learn how to close more sales and how to get more from every sale. You can see how it’s done in the videos half way down on this page.
8. The fastest, easiest and most direct way to success is to model it. Don’t try to recreate the wheel. Instead surround yourself with people who are already achieving what you want. Get coaching, buy into mastermind groups, and just model success.
9. If you’re not building an email list of local prospects, clients, business owners, media contacts and past clients and actively emailing them awesome content that educates them, positions you and keeps you front of mind than I have to seriously question your sanity and desire to become successful. Look at every “guru” that you get an email from sending you to their blog, to their sales page, giving you content, and value. All this happens because they have a list and YOU’RE on it.
If you want to see how my coaching client, Lindsay Vastola used her email list to generate $25,000 in revenue from her boot camp then check out this killer post she did, and if you want to get the same fitness email marketing and newsletter technology that Lindsey and all of my coaching and mastermind clients use to grow their business then checkout FitProNewsletter.com.
So the bottom line is this, build a list, stay in touch with your list by mailing out killer content constantly, get them to know, like, and trust you and make them irresistible offers just like Lindsay does.
10. It’s a game of mindset and mental toughness. If you’re living in a state of fear, greed, scarcity, and self sabotage then watch this mindset reprogramming video on how to destroy procrastination and get into domination mindset.
Now it goes without saying that you have to be a bad ass trainer too. You gotta bring the energy, deliver the results as promised, and treat your BUSINESS like a BUSINESS and not a hobby or a job. Every single one of my mastermind members is business minded and not just job minded. If that’s you, then the next sentence you read might be exactly what you need to take your fitness business to the next level.
How You Can Join My Elite Group Of Mastermind Members.
If you want to learn more about getting involved in one of my two masterminds groups (the Fitness Info Marketing group or the 7 Figure Formula group) then just shoot an email to my assistant Marilyn here: [email protected] and she’ll ask you a few questions and if you qualify she’ll send you an application.
I hope you got a lot from this post, if you did, leave me a comment below and let me know 🙂