I think massive IMIDIATE action taken consistently will get you more of what you want than all the knowledge you can buy.
I know people who buy tons of info products on marketing, selling, productivity, time management, internet marketing, direct response marketing, and technical skills, credentials, certifications, and degrees but are getting their asses handed to them by competitors who are half their age and half as smart…
But they’re hella ambitious, and persistent in all they do and take massive action every opportunity they get.
Don’t get me wrong… info products are great and YOU should own all of mine ☺ but without taking action on’em it’s just useless information.
So I got to thinking. What motivates me, what makes me so hungry, ambitious, and inspires me to take massive action?
Here’s a list of things that GET ME FIRED UP and force me to get things done.
– My family. I love my wife and kids and I want to spend as much QUALITY time with them as possible so I create and business and income streams that will give me the lifestyle I want.
– I love what I do. My passion is also my work. It’s like getting paid to enjoy your hobby.
– Freedom. I never want to work for the “man” again. I did that at one point in my life and hated it. Nothing like the desire to avoid “pain” to motivate your ass to get things done.
– Hard angry music. When I feel like I need a little pick-me-up I’ll crank up Metallica, Disturbed, Black Sabbath, White Zombie, ACDC, Ice Cube, Eminem, Dre and other hard and angry music.
– Occasionally I’ll put myself in debt. If you’re an action taker debt will really motivate you. Me and my wife buy as many homes as possible and put them up for rent. This forces us to make enough money where we’d be able to pay the mortgage on all these homes should our properties go empty for a while.
– I set and announce hard deadlines to the world. Last week I announced the Fitness INFO Summit for October 23rd and 24th in Orlando, Florida. The dates have been set and the location has been announced and now I will get my ass to work and make it BLOW up like FBS09!
– Satisfaction of accomplishment. Who doesn’t like this one, right? I love that feeling of starting something and finishing it. That feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction is HUGE for me. You expect that of your clients, right? So why not expect it of yourself?
– A sense of purpose or meaning. I like money just as much as the next person. But for me the bigger motivator is having a sense of purpose – a meaning. I truly feel I’m doing what I was put on this earth to do. And that to me is everything!
That’s what gets me up and at it every morning. These are the things that drive my passion.
I hope you enjoy this video as much as the attendees at FBS did.
What about you… what moves you to action and gets you to get things done?