You won’t believe what happened to us early Saturday morning.
At about 12:20 AM we were woken up by a loud crash and the screeching of tires. We jumped out of bed, looked out the window and couldn’t believe our eyes – a SUV came down our driveway and smashed into our beloved Tahoe and it was now attempting to back out and leave the scene of the crime.
Lucky for him and everyone else on the road at that time of the night his car was pinned in-between our car and a wall giving the police plenty of time to get here and arrest him.
As it turns out the drunk driver was a 17 year old kid who thought it would be a good idea to drive home hammered after a party at a friend’s house. He was so drunk he turned onto the wrong road and came speeding down our driveway and smash.
Funny thing is we live at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. But I guess when you’re REALLY drunk our long driveway can look like a through street lol.
Thankfully it was late at night and no one got hurt. Andrew and Chloe slept through the entire thing.
***On to this week’s newsletter ***
One question I get often is “how do I create a lead generator for my website?”
Here’s a step-by-step guide for creating an audio and report lead generator for your site.
**The Audio Lead Generator**
This is one of the most effective ways for converting web site visitors into leads.
1. Have a friend, spouse, or someone interview you for 15 -30 minutes on a subject related to your niche. For example: if you niche is post partum fitness and weight loss the interview may be on “how to choose a post partum weight loss plan.” The key here is to make this so irresistible that your site visitor is willing to give you their email address in exchange for the audio interview download.
2. Use a conference call line like AffordableConferenceCalls.com, to record your interview – this will only cost you a few of bucks and they’ll even give you an mp3 of your call to use as your opt-in.
3. Give the interview a compelling name/headline like: Six Tips to Drop the baby Fat for Good. Offer the interview on your site (in the upper right hand corner of your site) in exchange for the visitor’s name and email address.
This is by far the fastest and easiest lead generator to create. You can literally have the entire thing complete in a day – here’s how:
1. Choose an irresistible title for your report. For example:
* How to_______,
* Top 7 exercises for _____,
* 9 things the diet industry doesn’t want you to know
* The quick and easy guide to_____.
* Five myths about _______.
2. Create a short content and benefit rich report (3- 6 page). Write the report as though you were writing to a friend. Don’t make it sound too corporate or sterile.
3. Dump the whole thing into a PDF doc and put the opt in box on the upper right hand corner of your site and you’re done.
After all, what’s the point of driving traffic to your site if you’re not capturing leads?